The community based clinic managed by Mon Choe Dragkar Thegchen Ling monastery has been operating for the past six years. The clinic provides free health service to the monks, locals and visitors. Monk patients are taken down to Pokhara/ Kathmandu to consult specialists in cases of serious illnesses. The remoteness Upper Mustang region has led to very limited access to modern medical facilities and a large majority of the local population is illiterate and ignorant of various/ general health issues. Therefore, the clinic focuses on raising health awareness and environmental sanitation.
- To attend to the health care of monastic community.
- To bear medical expense of sick monks.
- To raise health awareness in monasteries, schools and community.
- To facilitate Outreach Clinic.
Our Clinic Services:
- General health service.
- Primary Healthcare/ Outreach Clinic
- Community Health Service
- Nutritional education
- Environment Sanitation Program
- Maternal and newborn care
- Minor treatments
- Referral for complicated cases
- Health education & counseling
- School health
- Child health
- Maternal & newborn care
- Family planning
- STD/ HIV- AIDS
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health
The clinic’s efficient functioning has resulted in an increasing number of patients visiting for various illnesses. The monastic administration needs funding and support in procuring medicines and medical equipments to continue facilitating free health service in the community at large.
Monk Kunga Choesang (H.A.) is presently the clinic in charge and a former student of the monastic school.